Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Patience is a Virtue

I was told today by a very old and dear friend that I am way too patient. We have been friends now for over 25 years, so she knows me quite well. I guess I never really thought of it as patience but rather as tolerant and understanding. The discussion was based on people taking advantage and not making decisions when it comes to relationships. We laughed at the whole "S**t or get off the pot" theory and realized it was true. I am naive I suppose and to allowing of those to walk all over me and the way I feel. But it's hard to lay down the law when you are so wrapped up in the situation you see no way around. The obvious answer is to severe ties and move on, but that is easier said than done. The hold is there and I feel stuck. I can see a solution and believe it's a positive decision, but the heart closes that out whenever possible. Sometimes I feel so stupid, like what the heck is wrong with me?? The answer is right at the tip of my nose yet I keep punishing myself. I did however get an inspiration at some point, but that seems very distant in the past now. How does one forget and move forward when there is some connection holding you in place?? Can I just shut the door and really feel relieved? I think I am just scared to lose a possibility of anything rather than find my way to the surface?? Crazy life and definitely in need of repair!

No comments: